[Clipart] Open Clip Art Library - Release 0.06

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.com
Sun Aug 29 13:41:05 PDT 2004

Release 0.06 of the Open Clip Art Library is now available for download
on the site:

    http://openclipart.org/downloads/openclipart-0.06.tgz

In this release, most clipart has been organized into categories based
on its subject metadata.  I've done some manual cleanup to fix
duplicate categories (e.g. ocal_logos, logo, ocallogo, et al.) but
didn't change the keywords themselves, so we'll need a better fix for
next time.

I also used the sorted clipart that was generated for the browse tool,
and programmatically added all the keywords to the images based on the
directory names in their path.

The sorting capability's still quite rough - it doesn't do sub-nesting
of categories, for example - but it marks an important step since last
time we weren't able to sort at all!  There's still plenty of room for
improvement.

There is also considerably more clipart in this release than before.
We've grown from 721 items in the 0.05 release to over 1700 unique
images in this one, with a corresponding increase in the size of the
package from 4.2M to over 12M.