[Clipart] OCAL identified by IBM as resource for Linux migrations

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.com
Thu Dec 30 13:05:20 PST 2004

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004, Stephen Silver wrote:
> Bryce Harrington wrote (re FontForge):
>
> > Does it support SVG fonts?  (I didn't see it listed on their webpage.)
>
> It can generate SVG fonts, but I can't get it to read them.  (The
> documentation gives the impression that it should be able to read
> SVG fonts, and that reading SVG is dependent on libxml2.  Perhaps the
> Cygwin build of FontForge that I'm using was built without libxml2.)

Ah, yes you're right.  Hmm, well perhaps a bug report / feature request
to them might prompt them to add it?

I played with it a little to get a feel for how font editing works.
I've never designed fonts before, but the tool seemed pretty snappy and
effective.  The interface looks a bit old fashioned, but they seem to
have put a lot of work into this tool, and it has a lot of good font
features.  It would be excellent if this tool could gain stronger SVG
font abilities.