[Clipart] OpenClipart 0.04 browsable

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.com
Thu Jul 1 11:42:59 PDT 2004

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004, Alan Horkan wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jun 2004, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> I was going to suggest Tools or Weapons, perhaps weapons are a
> subcategory?
>
> Nautical is an adjective so the category might be 'Martime'?

Ah, good ideas.

> > But yeah, we can expect to have oddball stuff in the unsorted category
> > that we're not sure where it should go yet.  It would probably be wise
>
> I'm concerned that having a catergory called Things/Other/Miscellaneous
> will cause things to be left unsorted.

Very true.  Although of course, remember that they're just keywords, so
it could be 'thing' + another keyword.  Although of course, 'thing' does
seem like kind of a weird term for a keyword...

> > If we do it right, creating categories will be simple enough that there
> > would be no need to create stub 'placeholder' categories; we should only
> > make them when there's some stuff to be put in them.  ;-)
>
> I love it when a plan comes together ;)

This weekend I'm hoping to get some sort of category editing support
into svg_annotate and SVG::Metadata, so that we can start applying
categories to clipart.  Hopefully Jonadab can also get capabilities in
his tool.

Kees says he's got the Inkscape metadata thingee working to read in the
RDF and display it.  Editing / saving still needs done, but we're
getting closer.