[Inkscape-user] Re: [Clipart] ANNOUNCE: Open Clip Art Library 0.04 Release

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Fri Jul 2 07:51:22 PDT 2004

Jon Phillips <jon at rejon.org> writes:

> Yep...we need more action shots like this for screenshots...especially
> since we have our up and coming browser to view the clipart.

I have a shot that shows me using my Drinking Glass with Red Punch
image in a poster/flier/thingy.  I actually created the image for this
document and only afterward submitted it to openclipart.org, but I
don't think that matters.  The unfortunate thing is that the
screenshot has also an image in it that I don't have the rights to
make public domain (a chocolate chip cookie, as it happens), and I
don't think that can be cropped out and leave a decent screenshot.

Hey, wait...  [makes adjustments]

Okay, I made a copy of the document, removed the cookie, substituted a
pretzel image that I made for OpenClipart.org, and retook the
screenshot.  Now everything visible within the OpenOffice document in
the screenshot is something I have rights to.  The pretzel doesn't
look as good there as the cookie, but the screenshot shows the pretzel
selected with its handles visible, as if it's still being placed, so I
think that's okay.

Where should I put the screenshot?  I suppose I should crop it to just
the OpenOffice window, yes?