[Clipart] Categorization

Alberto Simões hashashin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 09:33:54 PDT 2004

Hi,

after all those mails regarding categorization and the creation of an
hiearchy, I would sugest:
 1. create a hiearchy will all the levels we want in a computer legible format;
 2. SVG metadata uses those terms as classifiers (but not restriced to)

Thus, it is possible to:
 1. if all SVG include at least one categories from the hierarchy,
they are reachable
 2. all other classifiers included in the SVG can be used for a search
form (I'll work on it)

So, I'll try to:
 1. take the hiearchies sent to this list and try to develop a good
one. Then, I'll make it available on the web so cipart at freedesktop.org
subscribers can help me pruning it.
 2. convince you that we need a catalog (created on SVG metadata) such
that the navigation/search script can use it to search documents
quickly.

These are my thoughts at the moment :)
Kind regards,
Alberto