[Clipart] borders for printing flyers, announcements

Riku Leino tactics at welho.com
Sat Jul 3 00:37:49 PDT 2004

Jonadab the Unsightly One wrote:
> what my specific gripes were.  I think maybe it didn't support
> Automatic default colors (i.e., using the system colors for on-screen
> editing but black-on-white for printing, unless the user sets the
> colors to something different), which is an important accessibility
> feature for me, since my eyes are rather more sensitive to light than
> average and Evil Blinding White Backgrounds Must Die.

When talking about Scribus the current solution is the best I can
imagine. After all Scribus is a dtp application which means that things
you create with it are most likely to be printed on paper which then
again most likely will be white. Having the page background something
else than the paper color is a really strange solution. In preferences
you are allowed to set the paper color what ever you want though.

Back to the topic. In scribus one can easily create borders from a svg
image. First import a svg image then just imported svg image selected
select "Multiple Duplicate" from the Item menu choose a desired number
of copies and for top and bottom borders set vertical shift to 0 and
other way round. It's pretty simple this way. This could work as a
temporary solution until the artists at openclipart will create their
first borders.
I've used a couple of svgs in my layouts from openclipart and have not
had any problems with them in Scribus.