[Clipart] Re: [Inkscape-devel] General and Specific Meta-Data

Kees Cook inkscape at outflux.net
Sat Jul 3 22:09:03 PDT 2004

On Sat, Jul 03, 2004 at 08:40:07PM -0700, Jon Phillips wrote:
> How can we have both the General/Abstract meta-data and then have
> specific meta-data for discrete items and groups?

Well, I suspect we'd need an "RDF Browser" of some kind, sort of like
Inkscape's "XML Editor".

For now, I just want to get the "General" RDF editor working.  :)

> I wonder how we can have it so that when an object or collection of
> objects is copied and pasted, imported and transformed, that its
> specific meta-data (beyond specified graphics attributes) can be copied
> along with itself (making a media object). In the future this will be
> vital for algorithmic composition of graphics.

You could test for clashing licenses!  Hah.

> Thoughts?

I'd need to read a lot more about RDF itself.  For example, how do we
reference a specific SVG group or shape within the doc?

--
Kees Cook                                            @outflux.net