[Clipart] Gradients: sugestion

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.com
Mon Jul 5 09:18:39 PDT 2004

On Mon, 5 Jul 2004, [ISO-8859-1] Alberto Simões wrote:
> Hi
>
> I was browsing the clipart and an idea came to my mind: we can't make
> gradients to be drawn on a rectangular box, so we can show them while
> browsing?
>
> For what I understood, the file contains the definition of the
> gradient, only. But we could add a simple box to illustrate how to use
> it.
>
> What do you think?
> Cheers

Yes, that's a good idea.  I guess what we need is a script that takes
such a file (or one with patterns, perhaps), and parses the file to find
out the id of the gradient or pattern, then draws a box with that.

Perhaps if the file contained multiple gradients or patterns, it would
create a box for each, tiled.

It would also be nice to have a similar one that works for markers
(arrowheads).