[Clipart] Couple of Notes

Nicu Buculei nicu at apsro.com
Tue Jul 13 00:50:55 PDT 2004

Jon Phillips wrote:
> I changed the right navigation menu to focus on getting clipart. In

good! but i think "Browse" is enough, not need for "Visually"

> doing this I realized that the "Browse Visually" once clicked goes to a
> page with just the keyword list. Can this be setup to show like 9 images
> in 3 by 3 grid randomly selected from all clipart as the startup page of
> the browser? (or rather, could someone familiar with the browser
> implement this...)

you are right, the page is too plain but i'm not that happy with showing
there a list with random images: the rootdir listing is just a
particular case, another particular case is listing the content of a
category which contain only other subcategories (example: Food, contains
Drink and Fruit) - in that case what we should we display, some random
images from subcategories? then what is the differences to Shapes, which
contain both images and subcategories?

how about showing in the empty spaces some folder icons, which can be
clicked in order to go in a category, and the page behave like a
old-style (non spatial) file manager

--
nicu