[Clipart] organize repository and access rights

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Sun Jul 18 14:00:12 PDT 2004

Bryce Harrington <bryce at bryceharrington.com> writes:

> Note that it turns out that subject and keywords are one and the
> same - the subject field is implemented as a collection of keywords.

Ah.  In that case, the subject probably won't need to be directly
translated, since translating the heirarchy should take care of that.

That leaves the title.  I'm not sure translated titles are compelling
enough to warrant multiple versions of the source file, given that
most of the time the user is never going to see the title anyway,
assuming the clipart collection is installed locally; they'll be
looking through a directory corresponding to a category, looking
presumably at thumbnails.