[Clipart] SVG::Metadata 0.11 Released

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.com
Sun Jul 18 14:40:22 PDT 2004

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004, Jonadab the Unsightly One wrote:
> Under the "extra fields" in the upload script, if you specify a field
> called "keyword", its contents will be added as a keyword.  This is
> tested and working.

Okay, cool.  In time we should probably expand on this to allow
selection from the set of existing keywords, like we've been
discussing.

> However, I intend to make a separate field in the upload form for this
> soon, now that keywords are being written into the RDF, and also offer
> a link to a page showing keywords currently in use, and what they
> mean.  This latter should probably be on the wiki -- is there anything
> there currently, or should I create a page for it?

I think we discussed it only on the mailing lists; you can probably dig
it out of the list archives.

> As far as a script to add keywords to an existing file, that will
> probably be my next project (assuming nobody beats me to it) after I
> get the keyword and .zip support in the upload script ironed out.

Cool.  I have that on my todo list but unfortunately won't be able to
get to it any time soon, so if you could take care of it, that'd be very
cool.  I can add the script to SVG::Metadata to keep it together with
the others.

One script that would be really useful right now is something that
navigates through a directory tree and extracts keywords from the path
to the svg file, then updates the metadata for the svg file accordingly.
I.e., if it finds a file at collection/animal/mammal/dog/collie.svg it
would insert keywords 'animal', 'mammal', and 'dog' into collie.svg.
This script would let us leverage the work that's been done to quickly
categorize the images in the last release.  Then we'd only need to work
on categorizing the newly submitted images.