[Clipart] OCAL 0.05-pre1

Nicu Buculei nicu at apsro.com
Sun Jul 18 23:25:45 PDT 2004

Alberto Simões wrote:
> I'm trying to incorporate the new images on the browse script.
> The 0.05 directory is where I untarred the 0.05 version, and I'm
> moving from there the images to the proper categories.
> Meanwhile:
>
>   1. I need a sugestion for where to place those blue man

probably people or shapes

>   2. Some images (like 'map icons') are much white, and almost no image...

it seems that the author forgot to modify document size

ops! we ended with some duplicates:
http://openclipart.org/clipart//Entertainment/Sports/rollerblades.svg
http://openclipart.org/clipart//unsorted/rollerblades.svg
or
http://openclipart.org/clipart//Entertainment/Music/gramophone.svg
http://openclipart.org/clipart//unsorted/gramophone.svg
those are from a new version of the etiquette-icons tarball
i will clean them manually (moving the latest version in the correct
directory), but probably we should find a way to avoid such duplicates
in future

i intended to propose a new release methodology but is too late for 0.05:
- make a kind of freeze before the release
- move all images submitted after the previous release in the 'unsorted'
category of the browsable repository (ofcourse, all the file passing
validation)
- allow a few days for "moderators" to review them: sort in relevant
subdirectories, clear possible duplicates etc.
- package the browsable repository, this way we have files somehow sorted

--
nicu