[Clipart] Page rendering

Alan Horkan horkana at maths.tcd.ie
Sat Jul 24 16:44:51 PDT 2004

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004, [ISO-8859-1] Alberto Simões wrote:

> Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 21:32:57 +0100
> From: "[ISO-8859-1] Alberto Simões" <hashashin at gmail.com>
> To: Daniel Carrera <dcarrera at math.umd.edu>
> Cc: clipart at freedesktop.org
> Subject: Re: [Clipart] Page rendering
>
> Weird, but I'll try to find the reason for that. (as soon as I am in a
> windows machine O:-) )
>
> On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 23:53:42 -0400, Daniel Carrera
> <dcarrera at math.umd.edu> wrote:
> > I just realize that the OCAL web page renders very badly on Mozilla
> > Firefox on Win XP.  I don't know what causes it.  But the vertical bar
> > that should be on the right side of the screen, is located right in the
> > middle instead.  I took a screenshot:
> >
> > http://www.math.umd.edu/~dcarrera/screenshot.png
> >
> > Notice how the license information is right on top of the vertical bar.

I see similar problems too and they dont go away with a refresh.  I dont
get the problem on that page (scorpion) but on the front page the right
sidebar overlaps a bit (only have an 800x600 display on this machine).
Feels a bit odd to have the main sidebar on the right rather than the
left, perhaps someone would consider changing it to a horizontal bar just
below the logo.  Aesthetically speaking I think the layout would be better
with a few less boxes showing.

If you are a person that usually agrees with Jakob Nielsen then the Logo
should be left aligned rather than right aligned and the search box should
be on the top right.

I'm using Mozilla Firefox (although I usually prefer, Mozilla Seamonkey)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040206 Firefox/0.8

Presumably the pages are in CVS somewhere and I should submit patches?

Sincerely

Alan Horkan.
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/