[Clipart] World maps

Alan Horkan horkana at maths.tcd.ie
Thu Jul 29 14:23:29 PDT 2004

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 10:44:26 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed at reedmedia.net>
> To: Jose Hevia <100026838 at alumnos.uc3m.es>
> Cc: clipart at freedesktop.org
> Subject: Re: [Clipart] World maps
>
> On Thu, 29 Jul 2004, Jose Hevia wrote:
>
> >   Well,I uploaded maps of the 5 continents made with NASA public
> > domain data.

American taxpayers have already paid for it, so it is public domain, if
only more governments were obliged to do that with public data.

> > They request me to give them credit as well as a link in

As is already public data I think is is reasonably safe to assume that it
was an informal request, not an obligation and that including the credit
within the metadata is sufficient.   Given how others have been able to
freely use this kind of data in the past I'd be extremely surprised if
there were any issue with it but I'm sure Jose will clarify himself in due
course.

- Alan H.