[Clipart] Metadata

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.com
Fri Jun 25 17:05:54 PDT 2004

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004, Jonadab the Unsightly One wrote:
> > do you need help adding metadata? having metadata is a requirement
>  > for inclusion in the official release packages
>
> Is there documentation somewhere on what metadata need to be added
> and how to add them in common SVG editors (sodipodi, Inkscape, ...)?

Kees and I were talking about this at lunch today.  He said he's made
some good solid progress on the metadata editing capabilities in
Inkscape last night, and has checked his code into CVS.  I haven't tried
it yet, but it sounds like it is getting there.  There are some issues,
such as if the file contains RDF beyond what Inkscape provides editing
controls for, that might get lost...  But I figure we can identify those
problems as they come and fix them up in time.

For this clipart release, we'll probably still need to do it either by
hand or with svg_annotate, but it really looks like by next release we
should also have Inkscape and your upload script to help.  :-)