[Clipart] OpenClipart 0.04 browsable

Alberto Simões hashashin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 08:43:56 PDT 2004

Áki (I hope this is the correct way to write it)

I agree with you, these classes are all bad :)
Subcategories is interesting. We don't need to have only one level,
and we don't need to have a tree (we can have graph).

Finally, I continue agreeing that first we need ad-hoc classes, going
on with the images we are getting.

Your effort searching these classes can be usefull, too.

Thanks,
Alberto

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 15:23:23 -0000, "Áki G. Karlsson" <aki at akademia.is> wrote:

> Here are some categorization examples from other clipart sites. These are
> worse than font sites with regard to ads, popups, circular references and
> hidden alliances, but I guess we all must live somehow...
>
> In my opinion these are all bad. The first one doesn't make sense with
> categories Animals and then Dinosaurs... The second one is way too ad-hoc
> (content based), and makes no sense at all. The third one is simply to
> big... while the subcategories are a fine idea, the number of top level
> categories is overwhelming... IMHO
>
> Just to revisit the topic...
>
> Still, I think we should just go ahead with ad-hoc categories for now...
>
> Best regards
>
> Áki
>
> #################################
>
>  from http://classroomclipart.com/:
> [...]