[Clipart] Clip Art & OpenOffice
bryce at bryceharrington.com
Tue May 11 15:45:48 PDT 2004
I've been showing folks here at OSDL some of the great stuff getting
accumulated into the clip art library:
* Our new Director of Engineering is putting together a presentation in
OpenOffice and wants to include several slides with computers (I think
to show what sorts of hardware we want to provide to the community),
but ran into some issues:
- What's the best way to import SVG clip art into OpenOffice, given
that it doesn't support SVG?
- He would like to see more clip art for high end computer systems -
disk arrays, router boxes, wall racks, etc.
- Since he's making diagrams he's looking for 2D front views of
equipment as opposed to the 3D iso images in our collection.
+ He thought it was pretty cool that we were doing this via
the Freedesktop folks. :-)
* The tech marketing guy loved the vectorialized Tux, as he's been
hassling with having to resize the bitmapped Tux for all sorts of
* Again it's noticed that previews would be very well received, although
I've found that Konqueror is able to view SVG files natively without
crashing too often. :-)
More information about the clipart