[Clipart] Re: server

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.com
Wed Nov 17 21:16:31 PST 2004

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004, Jon Phillips wrote:
> Man! That fdo server is down at a really bad time. I wonder if there is
> a quick solution, or if we could host the site somewhere and change the
> DNS until their site gets back up on line?

> I have the admin rights on the openclipart.org domain name, and we could
> at least get our info over to another site, and redirect the name until
> their servers are back online. Thoughts? I'm not sure that the email is
> working from their server...

Pop onto the freedesktop IRC channel and try to catch daniel.  See if
you can get a dump of the /project/clipart tree, for backup and so we
can seek an alternate provider.  Also ask for an ETA on when it'll be
back up.

If you don't get a good answer, or if the ETA is too long or uncertain,
I've got a spare SF project 'crucible' (its a project that got killed by
management at OSDL).  I've added you as an admin of this project.  You
can log into shell.sf.net and copy the website & etc. onto it.  You can
point DNS at it, and use the VHOST admin tool to get the virtual host
set right:

    https://sourceforge.net/project/admin/vhost.php?group_id=47517

Hopefully that'll be enough to get you through the presentation.

If you don't get a snapshot, I've got a copy of CVS in case you don't,
however it's not very up to date.

Good luck, let me know how it goes and if you need more help.