[Clipart] Re: what's happened to www.openclipart.org?

jon jon at rejon.org
Tue Nov 16 23:36:36 PST 2004

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 12:28:37 -0800, Michael Vilain wrote
> The DNS servers (X2.CS.PDX.EDU and X1.CS.PDX.EDU) for this site have
> be hosed at least since 13 Nov returning no answer and timing out.
> Who can I contact to get them fixed?
>
> [you're listed as the tech contact in DNS for this site...sorry if
> you aren't any longer...know who is?]
> --
>
> Michael Vilain, Certified Advanced Rolfer and webmaster
> webmaster at theiasi.org  http://www.theiasi.org

It is a total bummer but seems, from checking freedesktop.org, that someone hosed freedesktop.org's main server. This is really not very good as I have a presentation on the project on Thursday of this week. If anyone has a backup of the site or the CVS copy, I would love to be able to get it as a tarball. I haven't checked if any of the other freedesktop.org services are working. Man, I hope they had some backups.