[Clipart] Re: what's happened to www.openclipart.org?

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Sat Nov 20 04:13:11 PST 2004

"jon" <jon at rejon.org> writes:

> It is a total bummer but seems, from checking freedesktop.org, that
> someone hosed freedesktop.org's main server. This is really not very
> good as I have a presentation on the project on Thursday of this
> week. If anyone has a backup of the site or the CVS copy, I would
> love to be able to get it as a tarball. I haven't checked if any of
> the other freedesktop.org services are working. Man, I hope they had
> some backups.

I have a copy of the 0.8 release as a tarball.

Or did you want all of clipart_web?  I think my cvs checkout wasn't as
recent as you may like; someone else may have done it closer to the
time that the site went down.

Wait, the site seems to be back up.  Except, if I try to do cvs update
I'm getting a warning that the remote host identification has changed.
Probably this is related to the server having been down, and
*probably* all I need to do is delete the old host key from my
known_hosts file, but I think I should hear that from someone
connected to freedesktop.org before I do it.