[Clipart] Can't submit clipart

Nicu Buculei nicu at apsro.com
Wed Oct 6 05:48:34 PDT 2004

Runar Ingebrigtsen wrote:
> Let's see, the files got some numbers added to their name, but here are
> the original names:

ok, i analyzed your files using svg_validate (AFAIK, this is the script
used for releases):

> pizzaslice.svg

the correct name is pizza-slice.svg

i receive this error:
Can't use string ("
food, pizza
         ") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/SVG/Metadata.pm line 310.

but i have an old version on SVG::Metadata in my computer

if the file has not valid metadata, then the bug is in upload_svg.cgi,
which accepted it (file uploaded on 7 september)

> enthusiast.svg
 > lit-lightbulb.svg (a modified clipart)
 > large-computer.svg (a remake of a Red Hat bootup picture)

all those 3 pictures does not have any metadata. this is understandable,
because all of them were uploaded at the beginning of june

> gtp-logo-proposal.svg (this is really not a clipart, though)

this looks to me like a perfectly valid one

> Might be I've forgot some, but that's a start. ;)

this is why i say we should display somewhere the list with failed
files, in order to give the authors the chance to review and correct
possible problems

> BTW: Do you know why my list postings are held back even when I'm a list
> member?

i don't know what you mean by this, i receive your messages from the list

PS: i don't think the large-computer.svg is OK, it may be drawn from
scratch, but it imitates perfectly the original

--
nicu