[Clipart] Problems with svg_annotate

Nicu Buculei nicu at apsro.com
Tue Sep 28 22:34:59 PDT 2004

Bryce Harrington wrote:

> What we really need is an editing capability, but this'll be different
> because different programs produce svg metadata in different ways.  I
> think we'll need to parse the full SVG XML into a tree and then do some
> smart searching to extract, change, and re-save the metadata from the
> tree.  (Currently it has an svg metadata template that it prints into the
> file, but that's only really useful if the svg has no metadata already.)

i think a simple method is to read metadata from file (in the same way
as in svg_validate), delete entire metadata and add a brand new one
based on the template filled with information gathered in the first step.
the downside is that this procedure will erase all metadata not
contained in our standard template.

--
nicu