[Clipart] SVG::Metadata problem (was: upload script problem?)
ocalocal at btinternet.com
Fri Apr 1 08:31:44 PST 2005
> Yeah, now we've just got to sort out the metadata charset issues.
The first thing to do is to stop everything being converted to HTML
entities. Most of the SVG files with non-ASCII characters that I
fixed for this release were corrupted by HTML entities during the
release procedure, and therefore rejected again.
After some searching I think I've found what is doing this, it's
the following line in Metadata.pm:
Changing this to
return encode_entities($text, '<>&"\'');
should fix the problem. But it would be better to remove HTML::Entities
altogether; I've attached a patch for this. This patch isn't tested,
because I can't install XML::Twig.
The copy of SVG::Metadata that the server is using needs to be fixed,
and whoever prepares the next release should make sure that their copy
of SVG::Metadata is fixed.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 649 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the clipart