[Clipart] Open Clip Art Library Release 0.12 Announcement

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Fri Apr 1 08:21:49 PST 2005

Open Clip Art Library Release 0.12 Announcement

April 1, 2005 UTC — Release 0.12 of the Open Clip Art Library
(www.openclipart.org) is now available for download on-line as an
individual package consisting of over 3100 images submitted by over 200
artists from around the world. This release also helps us celebrate our
first year as a project and provides foreshadowing as to what the rest
of this year will bring.

Highlights from this release include:

    * Several previous submissions have been re-converted from their
      original WMF format using Stephen Silver's new wmftosvg converter
    * Updated keyword search tool on the website
    * New imagery related to the March theme of "Spring"

During the month of March we received around 200 new images thanks to
our many contributors. With everything from flowers to a much improved
collection of vehicles, to more food imagery, the community is putting
out another great Open Clip Art Library release. In April, we are
encouraging people to submit imagery related to "Birthdays." Please
share your vector graphics at the Open Clip Art Library.

Use the following URLs to download the latest release of the Open Clip
Art Library:

    http://www.openclipart.org/downloads/0.12/openclipart-0.12.tar.bz2

    http://www.openclipart.org/downloads/0.12/openclipart-0.12.tar.gz

    http://www.openclipart.org/downloads/0.12/openclipart-0.12.zip

    http://www.openclipart.org/downloads/0.12/openclipart-tools.zip

The Open Clip Art Library (http://www.openclipart.org/) aims to create
an archive of clip art that can be used freely for any use. All graphics
submitted to the project are placed into the Public Domain according to
the Creative Commons Public Domain Declaration.