[Clipart] Open Clip Art Library Release 0.11 Announcement

Bryce Harrington bryce at osdl.org
Sun Apr 10 00:22:43 PDT 2005

On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 01:25:37AM -0800, Jon Phillips wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-03-10 at 10:47 +0200, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> > Jon Phillips wrote:
> > > Open Clip Art Library Release 0.11 Announcement
> >
> > so the next release will be 0.12...
> >
> > considering our current rate of releasing every month, this means we
> > approach one year from the first release - i was not able to find
with a
> > quick search an announcement for 0.01, the first message on this
list
> > date from 2004-03-15 and for the first time we had on the downloads
page
> >   some distinct personal packages (this was on 2004-04-14)
>
> Well, Bryce started packaging releases on his own pretty quickly. But,
> think we already passed our year silently. But I guess we can go
> nonlinear and go by release date.

I don't recall exactly how the numbering got started, but I think the
reason it starts from 0.03 is because we'd posted nicu-0.0 and nicu-0.1,
plus an open_collection-0.0.tgz.  I bet I just figured those to be
releases 0.00, 0.01, and 0.02, and thus started counting from 0.03.

Anyway, the "modern era" clearly starts from 0.03, as that's when we
really got started with doing metadata and monthly releases and such.