Fwd: Re: [Clipart] metadata: aren't the keywords actually categories (and can keywords be added)?

Mike Traum mtraum at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 15 16:10:49 PDT 2005

Andrew,
I understand the issues you raise with the big xml file proposal.
But, I don't think symbolic links will work, and I do think that hard
links is a very messy solution to the problem. It doesn't scale well
- what happens if openclipart has 50,000 images? So many duplications
in the package will just end up in bloat.

How about a flat file structure with no path whatsoever? I think this
would make the most sense.

Regarding the application I'm proposing, sure, I'll be able to
support pretty much anything. But, this all seems to be up in the air
right now, and I'd like to see some data definitions of proposed xml
files and a roadmap on the package structure before I start a project
based on all of that.

mike