[Clipart] Understanding what "Open" means

Mike Traum mtraum at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 19 11:08:53 PDT 2005

Nathan,
I'm sorry you got so angry about this, but the issue seems moot at
this point anyway in light of someone's (can't remember who) comments
about most packages moving away from hard links due other issues
regarding them.

If, instead of just blasting away with your anger, you would have
tested (as I did), you would have found that I what I meant by 'not
supporting hard links' is that when the file is untar'ed, a copy of
it is created instead of a hard link (at least on NTFS and FAT32, and
I assume this is the usual practice - it wouldn't make sense
otherwise). So, the platform wouldn't be 'written off', it would just
end up with copies of the files instead of hard links.

I am just trying to help contribute to the process here, and I don't
appreciate all of the anger.

Mike