[Clipart] clipart-authority-control.pl and propagate-metadata.pl patches

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Fri Apr 29 07:46:41 PDT 2005

"Jonadab the Unsightly One" <jonadab at bright.net> writes:

> I think svg_validate and svg_annotate need to be fixed in these same
> ways.  In the version I have (0.23), I am unable to determine that
> these two scripts use the type of open statement you included in the
> patches; they seem to be of the open FOO, ">filename" variety there.

However, ...

> svg_annotate can probably wait, but svg_validate handles all of the
> files during the release process.

This turns out not to be the case, upon closer inspection.  The
metadata are written out in text format, but as far as the actual SVG
files themselves, it seems these are only handled by File::Copy, which
is a widely deployed module and presumably gets things right.  So
<famous-last-words>everything should be fine</famous-last-words>.