[Clipart] Updated flags collection

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller uraeus at gnome.org
Tue Feb 8 03:01:50 PST 2005

Hi everyone,
I just uploaded the work I have been doing on updating the flags
collection. This update is meant as a drop in replacement for the flags
subdirectory structure.

The file is called:
updated_flags_christian__01.tar.bz2

It contains numerous changes compared to what is currently in the 0.10
release and website.

a) All flags now have a nice title (name for countries and
organizations, country-state name for subnationals)

b) some reorganizing of flags into separate directories. Historical
flags in separate directory

c) keywords cleaned up. All broken keywords, like hash codes from early
versions of svg_annotate removed. duplicate mispelled keywords removed.
HASH from publisher field removed.

d) More flags added, including various US state flags and local UK ones

e) All international flags added

f) fixed encoding of names with non-ansi characters

g) fixed frame to fit many flags better

The flag collection is by this equal to or better to the one hosted on
the sodipodi site. Only current omission is the local french flags which
I submitted earlier as a separate tarball. If this tarball is gone let
me know and I redo/resubmit it.

Christian