[Clipart] world maps

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Fri Feb 25 06:21:00 PST 2005

"Jonadab the Unsightly One" <jonadab at bright.net> writes:

> http://openclipart.org/cgi-bin/keyword_search.cgi

It is notable that this is only as good as the keyword index, which is
built from the keywords in the metadata embedded in the images.
Searching for "face" turns up Che Guevera only, even though we do, in
fact, have a number of other faces.  "phone" turns up none of our four
telephone images.  "dolphin" does not turn up a result, although we
have one, and it comes up under "mammal".  And so on.

I think one of our medium-term goals should be to improve the keyword
metadata to the point where they are much more useful for this kind of
searching.