[Clipart] Re: [Inkscape-devel] Adobe Illustrator CS SVG files + incompatibility

Nicu Buculei nicu at apsro.com
Sun Feb 27 23:27:55 PST 2005

Jon Phillips wrote:
> My girlfriend just made all these images for the clipart library by
> tracing them in Inkscape (rock!) and then editing and composing them
> with Adobe Illustrator CS. However, they cannot be opened in Inkscape.

yes, i observed the files and intended to send a bug report until i saw
your message.

> I'm writing this to let everyone know that there are about 10 images
> available at this link, http://openclipart.org/submissions.php, done by
> Linda Kim that would be good for testing interoperability of Adobe SVG
> and Inkscape.

i had a look at those images using eog (rendered by librsvg) and firefox
  (built with native SVG support) so probably i don't see the entire
image, but those files are *huge* (about 0.5 MB each) for such simple
drawings (at least this is what i see)

--
nicu