[Clipart] Duplicates

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Sun Jul 10 09:03:29 PDT 2005

"Jarno" <jarno at huittinen.com> writes:

> Hi!
>
> I want talk about duplicates that are in Libary.

This is an issue we are aware of.

> My correct submission count is 32 and the ocal statistics.txt says
> 45. So i check it and there is 13 duplicates of my cliparts.

Are these side-by-side duplicates, or duplicates in different
categories?

Side-by-side duplicates we could deal with now (assuming someone has
the time and energy; I have just now got my workstation, which went
down recently due to hardware problems, back to the point where I can
use it to get my email again, and my family will riot if I don't get
IP-Masq set up soon to provide them with internet access in the living
room...).

However, duplicates in different directories are something we probably
need the DMS in order to deal with them correctly.  Except in
unsorted; duplicates in unsorted can, IMO, be "consolidated" (i.e.,
deleted) so that they are only in their sorted location.  Again,
assuming someone has the time and energy.

> I did make quick look of the OCAL release and there least 20% of
> cliparts are duplicates.

I am not surprised.  This is actually rather an improvement; we
briefly had (circa 0.7 IIRC) a situation where more like 80% were
duplicates, before the introduction of the (perhaps unfortunately
named) consolidation script, convert-release-to-browse