[Clipart] Re: [Inkscape-devel] SVG in OpenDocument

MenTaLguY mental at rydia.net
Tue Jul 12 22:48:33 PDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-12 at 16:07 -0700, Jon Phillips wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Would anyone be interested in following up on the problems between the
> OpenDocument format and SVG?

I brought it to the attention of the SVG WG leadership, and I believe
they went as far as teleconferencing.

I have to assume either that the SVG WG decided that the OD use of the
SVG namespace was acceptable, or that they weren't able to reach an
agreement.

But, really, it's out of my hands at this point.  The final decision lay
with the respective working groups.  And now at this point, I believe
the standard's gone before the EU, and I think accepted.  So we're stuck
with it as-is.

Go Europa.

-mental