[Clipart] Where to install?

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Wed Jun 22 12:49:47 PDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 09:16 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Jon Phillips wrote:
> >
> > Then after installing the 0.14 release of openclipart-0.14
> >
> >     /usr/share/clipart/openclipart-0.14
> >
> > This would allow for in the future:
> >
> >     /usr/share/clipart/openclipart-0.15
>
> this means all the images in 0.14 will be also duplicated in 0.15?

We talked about this before, about how in the future releases would
probably only be the updated clip art, so that each release is any
updated clip art plus the new ones. I have the windows installer setup
this way. I dunno, I just through out there, but maybe we should just
overwrite this directory each time:

    /usr/share/clipart/openclipart/

> > Yes I agree. Well, we need to know more about OO.o and how it finds
> > clipart and standard clip art paths
>
> probably you remember the message form Michael Meeks about OOo and OCAL,
> maybe he is in the best position to advise about this:
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/clipart/2005-March/002539.html

I forwarded him the discussion for his reply. Good memory on that one
Nicu. ;)

jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org

Inkscape (http://inkscape.org)