[Clipart] Off-topic: Annoucning Linux anniversary picnic & a logo creation contest

Open Clip Art Library Feedback Form noreply at openclipart.org
Fri Jun 24 13:55:23 PDT 2005

Name: Bill Kendrick
E-mail: bill at newbreedsoftware.com

Hi there!  I apologize (and understand) if this is inappropriate, but
I'm trying to cast as wide a net as possible.

This August marks the Linux kernel's 14th birthday, and for the 5th
year in a row, a collection of user groups, volunteers and corporate
sponsors are throwing a free picnic and barbecue to celebrate:
Picn*x14.  (See: http://www.linuxpicnic.org/ )

We're currently holding a logo creation contest (currently,
unfortunately, no prize other than the fame of your artwork being
selected).  I realize there are lots of artists, and no doubt
Linux-loving ones, in the Open Clip Art community, and wondered if
it'd be possible to have an announcement made.  Information on the
contest is online here:  http://www.linuxpicnic.org/logocontest/

Thanks in advance, and sorry to bother you! Keep up the excellent
work!