[Clipart] HASH bug: diagnosed (at least partly)

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Sun Jun 26 18:51:51 PDT 2005

Bryce Harrington <bryce at bryceharrington.com> writes:

> Got a patch?
>
> Love to get this bug fixed...

First, the bad news:

I'm going to have to fetch a copy of the upload logs; Gerald's
incoming .svg files weren't bothered for some reason, probably because
they were uploaded inside a .zip archive, but a number of the others
were -- i.e., the upload script manifests the bug.

The good news is, I think I now have a very solid working
understanding of what is going on and why, and it should very much be
fixable.  I have checked in a couple of preliminary adjustments for
Metadata.pm to CVS tonight, but I need to do some further testing this
week yet.  I'm checking in so that anyone else on the list who wants
to test can do that also, but it definitely needs more testing before
release.  Also, some debugging print statements are still in ATM.