[Clipart] HASH bug: diagnosed (at least partly)

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Tue Jun 28 21:19:49 PDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-29 at 00:00 -0400, Jonadab the Unsightly One wrote:
> "Jonadab the Unsightly One" <jonadab at bright.net> writes:
>
> > The good news is, I think I now have a very solid working
> > understanding of what is going on and why, and it should very much
> > be fixable.
>
> Oh, yeah, we're cooking with gas, now.  *Tangible* progress.
>
> I just checked in additional changes that, in addition to fixing (I
> think possibly for good now) the HASH issues with keywords, also fix a
> bug in to_svg that was causing the metadata updates not to "take".
> And I think I'm starting to get the hang of XML::Twig, which can only
> be a good thing.
>
> There's still stuff to do.  The keywords, for instance, are not the
> only (just the most obvious) place where the HASH issue was popping
> up, so I need to fix a couple of other places too.  That shouldn't be
> a problem, now that I have a quite clear understanding of what was
> going wrong.
>
> And then I need to take the log excerpts I've harvested and apply them
> to the dammaged files, from 0.13 through the present.  (I have a
> repair script that does this, but so far it only fixes the keywords; I
> need to make it fix everything that was broken.)
>
> The good news is I have time off tomorrow and can work on this some
> more.  The bad news is that _after_ tomorrow the rest of my week is
> pretty well spoken for, so I probably won't get to do the actual
> release until next week.
>
> And after the release we need to do more thorough testing of these
> fixes.

Sounds good Jonadab. I think its cool to put off doing the full work on
the release until the weekend. Plus, I have several tasks I want to
finish to check off for this release. I also want to get several things
on the website updated...How does this sound to others?

jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org

Inkscape (http://inkscape.org)
CVS Book (http://cvsbook.ucsd.edu)