[Clipart] SVG font

Nicu Buculei nicu at apsro.com
Wed Jun 29 23:04:44 PDT 2005

Jon Phillips wrote:

> Hmmm...I guess we could register Open Font Library
> (www.openfontlibrary.org) and then just start shuffling fonts that
> direction. I've thought the same about getting the domain name
> www.openmedialibrary.org.
>
> In terms of time output, I don't think we have time to maintain these
> but maybe it would be a good idea to get the names. Thoughts?

Indeed, I think we will not have the time to work on these (I personally
am NOT interested very much in fonts right now), but it will be cool to
have the domains registered, because the names are good and this will
prevent some bad guys to hijack them. They look like good candidates for
future use of our DMS.

Also I think we should NOT reject the fonts for Benji, because this will
discourage him and other possible free font creators, we should accept
them and keep them somewhere (a directory on OCAL, the single item on
openfontlibrary.org).
Having this font as a starting point, is possible this will generate
interest in other contributors.

--
nicu