[Clipart] Open Clip Art Library Release 0.11 Announcement

Nicu Buculei nicu at apsro.com
Thu Mar 10 01:57:32 PST 2005

Jon Phillips wrote:
> Well, Bryce started packaging releases on his own pretty quickly. But, I
> think we already passed our year silently. But I guess we can go
> nonlinear and go by release date.

this was the first message on the list (from you, dates one year minus 5
days):
http://lists.freedesktop.org/pipermail/clipart/2004-March/000000.html
this was the first message announcing *some* packages (one year minus
one month and 4 days):
http://lists.freedesktop.org/pipermail/clipart/2004-April/000176.html

so, the 0.12 release will be somewhere around those dates

> Maybe we should celebrate with the contest. I think that sounds good. If
> we are going to do for 0.12 release we should sort it out and announce
> about it. Or, we can start it with 0.12 announcement. I think that
> sounds more viable, as we already do PR once a month, and that would be
> a positive addition to it. Any suggestions for the contest?

as i said before, i don't think we should focus on quantity.
let's try to make the contest fun and friendly, with a low barrier to
enter. new contributors may be afraid to enter the competition because
they saw artwork create by older, maybe professional, contributors ant
think don't have a chance (this is true for other contributors, for
example my self-confidence is pretty low these days as i had no success
is some similar recent contests, but i acknowledge, i'm still in the
"amateur" stage)

--
nicu