[Clipart] Screenshot uploaded: #119

Nicu Buculei nicu at apsro.com
Thu Mar 31 21:38:51 PST 2005

Bryce Harrington wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 12:05:47PM +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
>
>>whatever it is, Dungeon Siege of Dungeon Siege II, this screenshot look
>>cool, but is not clipart, so is deleted
>

> Given the number of invalid uploaded screenshots, perhaps this suggests
> a different approach for doing screenshots is needed?

- a possible different approach can be to require authentication before
submitting screenshots
- we can create a system where a screenshot should be approved before is
published
- other approach is to not allow hot linking (using .htaccess?) from the
screenshots directory, this will not stop abusive submissions but
decrease their usefulness

all those are possible temporary solutions until we will use the DMS

--
nicu