[Clipart] parameterized clipart (was: coordinate the new release)

Stephen Silver ocalocal at btinternet.com
Thu Sep 1 01:23:50 PDT 2005

Nicu Buculei wrote:

> Stephen Silver wrote:

> > I think we can make 50K.  I've made an image of a clock face, but I
> > don't know what time to set it to.  I could write a script to generate
> > images for all 43,200 possible times, at one-second intervals.

Just to make it clear, the point I was trying to make here was that we
could easily pass 7K (or whatever) images if that was really our aim,
but it clearly isn't our aim, so we shouldn't set it as a target.

> definitely, you can generate images for all 12 hours. I am not sure
> about this but you may consider going as far as 15 minutes increments
> (a practical use would be for children learning to read the clock)

I don't think it really merits more than one image.

What I would like to see eventually is a way to contribute parameterized
clipart to OCAL.  So, for example, the user could be given the chance to
choose a new time for the clock image, and the server would generate the
image with the chosen time for the user to download.

--
Stephen Silver