[Clipart] Land clipart

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.com
Wed Sep 7 09:46:05 PDT 2005

Check out the link included in the following message.

Bryce

----- Forwarded message from Adam Pearson <adam.donnie at exemail.com.au> -----

Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 09:13:57 -0700
From: Adam Pearson <adam.donnie at exemail.com.au>
To: inkscape-user at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Inkscape-user] navigational plotting

Ted Gould wrote:

>Paul Hirose wrote:
>
>>I'm having trouble drawing a path depicting a vessel's movements. For
>>example, from some starting point, go 123 miles on course 091??, thence
>>73 miles on course 346??, etc.
>

>I realize you're asking a "How do I use Inkscape?" question, but I'm
>going to answer it another way.  For drawing a map like that I'd
>probably recommend using GPS Visualizer.  Probably the coolest SVG
>application that I've seen.
>
>http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/
>
>        --Ted

Paul

It seems to me the best approach would be to set up a simple spreadsheet
with columns such as:

Distance
Angle
X-coord
Y-coord

and with proper attention to the formulae, you would quickly end up with
a list of sets of coordinates which you would then plot.  I don't see
any aids in Inkscape to do this and attempting to draw the coords from
the little numbers at the bottom of the GUI that run with the cursor
position would be more hit than miss.

Inkscape would give a great map when complete - you could add features
to it at will - but I think it needs a separate bit of number crunching
first.  There is a fantastic range of land and land-use clip art at:

http://ian.umces.edu/index.html?http&&&ian.umces.edu/conceptualdiagrams.php

and they are all vector format!  You must have a look at that site.

Please let us know whet you end up doing.

Regards

Adam