[Clipart] some of the pictures contain binary code

Gerald Ganson Gerald.Ganson at rdc.ab.ca
Mon Sep 26 07:34:06 PDT 2005

I tried a number of save option in AI for SVG.

The only setting that made a difference  to file size was "Preserve
Illustrator Editing Capabilites" which resulted in a significantly
smaller file. Unfortunatly in the case of the 50's jukebox image (which
I was testing with), the image was damaged when I re-opened the file. It
was unable to render the objects with "holes" in them.

If I could get inkscape to import EPS in my windows environment, I may
no longer need to use AI.

Alternatly I could maybe script something to remove these sections
before uploading. Is the section tagged in any way ?

Gerald G.