[Clipart] hacked roadmap and palm icons

Nicu Buculei nicu at apsro.com
Mon Sep 26 22:57:01 PDT 2005

Jon Phillips wrote:
> However, we need to also think about scaling issues, how to offer clear
> versions of graphics for lower resolution displays, and how to
> technically solve this behind the scenes. Does anyone on the list have
> any ideas about this?

I thinks this just can't be solved technically. When you create graphics
for low resolution you have to include fewer details.
When a larger image is adapted for a lower resolution you need to pass
some judgments on what details really matter and what can be removed and
this just can't be done in an automatic way.