[Clipart] Real+Not Spam

Alan Horkan horkana at maths.tcd.ie
Sun Apr 30 12:48:45 PDT 2006

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006, Open Clip Art Library Feedback Form wrote:

> Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 11:25:55 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Open Clip Art Library Feedback Form <noreply at openclipart.org>
> To: clipart at lists.freedesktop.org
> Subject: [Clipart] Real+Not Spam
>

> Name: Linda j Krautner
> E-mail: ljkraut358 at yahoo.com
>

>    Dear Artists,

> I just finished typing a request for help.

The web form is one of many places you can request help or report issues
and is intended to be an alternative to signing up to the mailing list

> I go to send it and on top the message is "you must type the secret
> phrase.  ? Whats up with that?

That is designed to prevent spam, junkmail or viruses being sent to the
list.

> the SEND Button? or is this a Joke?

You wouldn't think so if you realised quite how much spam gets sent to
lists like these.

>  Anyway I dont know if my M<essage was sent. Its not funny because I can
> only use one finger and disabled.

There was no intention of trying to be funny or to discriminate against
users.  Signing up to the mailing list would probaby have been an
easier option.

Some of the Speech to Text software available might be easier than typing,
or if you are using Linux you might consider trying out Dasher a system
for fast text entry: http://www.inference.phy.cam.ac.uk/dasher/

> P>S my oringinal message was could I get a Clip Art DL, and make a ISO
> image so I can make the CD and use it & save space? Please Send a

The option of an ISO image is not currently available but you could still
unzip and burn the collection to a CD using any good CD burning program
(or even a lousy CD burning program like the one built in to windows).

There have been several groups who have expressed an interest in putting
OpenClipart on disc and one of the Linux computer magazines may have
already done so but as far as I know we haven't heard back from them and
we dont have a copy available.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan

Open Clip Art http://OpenClipArt.org