[Clipart] Open Source Software

Nicu Buculei (OCAL) nicu at apsro.com
Wed Feb 1 07:12:13 PST 2006

Chad Smith wrote:
> I think that probably the basic two reasons they aren't listed are:
>
> 1) They are a browser, and browsers don't need clip art, nor are
> browsers involved in the creation of clip art.
>
> 2)  Firefox, aka Mozilla Corporation, has not contributed in any way to
> the Open Clip Art Library.
>
> Neither one of these reasons means that Mozilla is bad or Firefox is bad
> - they just aren't related to the OCAL.

Indeed, Chad is right, those are just unrelated projects (we just can't
advertise every FOSS project we like, we are not a links farm). The only
relation I can think of is that Mozilla can be used to *view* our
images, but so can be used tens or hundreds of other programs.

More, we have our own policy for affiliation:
http://openclipart.org/wiki/index.php/Affiliations (it is not strongly
enforced)

We already link to Mozilla in the list of tools for accessing SVG:
http://openclipart.org/wiki/index.php/SVG_Tools

We are open to a collaboration with Mozilla but it should be something
reciprocal.

--
nicu