[Clipart] Open Source Software

Alan Horkan horkana at maths.tcd.ie
Wed Feb 1 16:47:28 PST 2006

Use Inkscape!  http://inkscape.org

> I strongly support Mozilla products and other Open Source projects on
> my site (yours will now be included and a friend of mine will also
> start promoting it), so will you please consider adding Firefox to
> your list of Open Source products to the bottom of your page.
> And if you haven’t done so, you should register at SpreadFirefox.com
> to get an Affiliate ID so that you may track your download referrals
> that come from your site.

Feel free to add a link to the Wiki.

When it (Firefox) was proposed previously I objected and pointed out that
SVG support in Firefox was vapourware and no stable release with SVG
support existed (this may have finally changed).  I'm quite annoyed at how
the Mozilla foundation have dragged their feet when it comes to supporting
standards like MNG and SVG choosing other priorities instead.  Opera has
had SVG support for longer and the recently released Seamonkey 1.0 also
includes SVG support (Seamonkey 1.0 also known as Mozilla Suite 1.8) so it
would be unfair to give Firefox any more attention than the browsers which
doing a good of supporting SVG and promoting Open Standards.

Others are probably not as hostile to Firefox as I am but I opened this
post with a recommendation to add links to the Wiki because that is
probably the fairest way for us to to recommend web browsers.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan

(speaking only for myself, not the Open Clipart Libary)