[Clipart] Re: Screenshot uploaded: age

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Wed Feb 8 07:52:48 PST 2006

Bryce Harrington <bryce at bryceharrington.org> writes:

> My bet is that gamers are abusing our site to post screencaptures of
> their games for some reason, and sorted out how to do cause them to
> be approved themselves.

It would not be hard, if they read the mailing list archives.

We could password protect the approval process, but if the password is
published on the mailing list, there's no improvement.  Also, if the
password is hardcoded in the script or its cfg file, then it's
available via anonymous CVS.  So to really be an improvement the
password would at minimum need to be stored in a file that's not in
CVS, if it's stored in cleartext at all.

OTOH, this would be an easy change to make, much easier than the
refactoring of the SVG upload facility that so desparately needs
to be done.

--
Open Clip Art Library:  Drawing Together
http://www.openclipart.org/