[Clipart] Re: Screenshot uploaded: age

Matthew Gates matthew at porpoisehead.net
Wed Feb 8 08:48:19 PST 2006

On Wednesday 08 Feb 2006 07:08, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> momo wrote:
> > Great idea!!!
> >
> > I wonder why we didn't think of it earlier!!! :))
>
> I am not the one who made the submission system, but i can see the
> reason to NOT have a button: the link is published on the mailing
> list and is archived on the web. A web spider can follow the link
> in the archives, reach the page, press the button and delete a
> otherwise wanted submission.
> The procedure to refuse a screenshot is to add a string to the URL,
> but i forgot what the string is, it is in the list archives - not
> an ideal solution

Perhaps we could make it so there needs to be 3 refusals from
different people to delete a submission... same for approvals.
Perhaps we take the majority of the first 5 results...  Having said
that, abusers could just register several times on the mailing list,
but it would make this sort of abuse a pain to achieve, and might
stop some of it.