[Clipart] cchost test installation for Open Clip Art Library

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at crschmidt.net
Sat Feb 11 22:06:11 PST 2006

On Sat, Feb 11, 2006 at 11:23:32PM -0500, Jonadab the Unsightly One wrote:

> > > Yes, quite.
> >
> > Would you take on figuring this task out please?
>
> Initially, I tracked this as far as cctemplates/page.xml
>
> Around line 81, you see this:
>           <h1 id="cc_site_name"><a href='${root-url}' title="${site-title}">${banner-html}</a></h1>
>
> This looks to me like a scalar variable called $banner-html being
> interpolated, but that's a Perl programmer's perspective on the
> matter, so I could be mistaken.

That is correct.

> Nonetheless, proceeding on this
> hunch, I started looking for where such a variable might be set,
> which leads me to ccadmin/cc-install-db.php around line 435 and
> following, where it appears a number of things like this are being
> set, and in particular this line:
>             'banner-html' =>  $vars['sitename']['v'],

No clue about cchost, but this seems about right.

> There's some kind of subscripting going on there, but I don't know
> anything about PHP datatypes, and the only additional references I can
> find to the string 'sitename' are in ccadmin/index.php  The most
> apparently relevant is in the function get_default_values, which
> contains this line:
>
>     $v['sitename']   = 'ccHost - ' . $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'];
>
> However, I think I've gotten lost somewhere along the way, because
> that would seem to indicate that the banner-html should be something
> like "ccHost - www.openclipart.org", but on the site I am seeing
> something more like "Open Clip Art Library", so there must be
> something I don't understand going on in the PHP code.

Yeah, this isn't quite right. $vars['sitename']['v'] seems like it's
proably coming from:

'sitename'    => array( 'n' => 'Site Name',
                        'e' => '', 't' => 'text', 'v' => '' ,
                        'q' => 0, 'h' => 'The name of your site' ),

This is then used to build the installation fields. So, the ccHost -
www.openclipart.org' is probably just set during initial installation,
after which the data is loaded from the database as part of the template
system.

In other words, I'd check the DB for the sitename, and see what you can
find.

--
Christopher Schmidt
Web Developer